A New Day
Every day's a new day for me! I am getting ever more excited about exploring the world on my own. I am just beginning to attempt this new means of self-transportation called crawling! Before now I was content to roll and wriggle, etc. to get to desired destination. But now I'm trying REALLY, REALLY hard to crawl by the book. (Well, let's be honest, the book says a baby doesn't even NEED to crawl...but it's still temping to me). Unlike my brother, who started out with a "crippled" crawl (and had Papi worrying about his having some disability-- good thing mom was there, she'd always step in and say "you're going to give the kid a complex, he's fine" because Papi always feared the worst any time something wasn't 100% normal- looking (e.g., Aenaon's first crawl, his bloated belly, little marks on his body or face...). Anyway, for the first two months of crawling Aenaon would pull himself along the floor- well, it's more like he would push himself up and forward, and then come down hardest on one leg (hence, the crippled analogy); from the other room it would sound like someone with
a thumping limp was approaching. (Sorry, this isn't too P.C. Mom's going to have to teach me about that soon!)
I, on the other hand, enjoy sitting, and then rocking forward, it almost looks as though I'm going to stand up, or scoot on my bottom to mom. Then I'll push myself onto my hands (and at times my hand and knees, too) and push a little forward or backward. It's not as easy as it looks, mind you. And please, don't forget that seventeen mere months ago I was one miniscule cell. Try that wonder on!
Mom will post a picture of me soon. So stay tuned!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home