Brief Update
Adara, our beautiful, sweet Adara! As always, mom has sat down LAST to handle Adara's blog. But that last- is always certainly NOT LEAST. Of course, it is late, I am drained, and ready to rest myself, so let me just briefly post a picture or two, and maybe a little note on this little one.
Adara has been very vocal of late. She is saying lots of ba's and va's, etc. and sounds like she's really talking at times. She is not yet crawling (and quite frankly, I should probably be letting her spend more time on her tummy- but with her brother (who can't resist a good pounce when the other person's positioned for it) it is rather hard to get adequate time.
She seems to love to eat as much as her brother did (but I am not overfeeding her the way I fear I did him. I had him eating adult-sized portions of food (at what feels like such a young age in hindsight, but maybe I am mis-remembering). Anyway, I am giving her oat bran, and she is eating some breads and fruits on her own (she will be eight months a week from tomorrow), as well as pureed baby fare. I feel I don't prepare as many fresh meals for her as I did for Aenaon at this age, but maybe that's because back then we were still going to Haymarket (or is that my imagination too? I can't even remember now. See, that's why it's good to keep notes as I do on this blog...). She definitely knows what she wants (Scorpio rising, like her brother), and any time anyone eats around her, she wants some, too, and you'll hear about it!
Here is Adara eating her first strawberry on her own. As you can see it's a hands-on process, and she's loving it! (She also loved hamming it up for the computer camera!)
Here's Adara's first real doll (from Japan) given by Granny and Opie. She immediately took to the doll, smiling and bouncing, and touching her hair...(The doll looks a little freaky in the computer screen glow, but she is just a sweet little thing...)
Apple, peaches, pumpkin pie, who's ever not ready, hollar...
"I!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home